RE: [-empyre-] the heart of the matter

Patrick - what about models like for example the Dynamic Recurrent
Neural Network (Randy Beer's model)?  Also since these can, and
most often are, implemented as simulations on standard von-neumann
digital discrete systems - what's the difference between the
hardware implementation and the digital simulation (provided say
both are embodied in a "real world" robot)?