RE: [-empyre-] Fill the Void (-empyre- 15)

what happens if you do leave?
list ends?
remaining listers continue bickering amongst themselves (me included)
about who's got the biggest, bestest __________? (insert own visual
metaphor)

so chris, you use the blog to structure your practice. does this
sometimes dictate how a drawing will be turn out? due to all the time
constraints that come with a day time-limit (your own personal time,
time with friends/familiy, other jobs/commitments, this list etc...) do
you find that the time spent drawing alters each day? do you have a set
time to produce the drawing?
I'm only asking because my own practice is not based around a daily
routine (yet I still feel anxious if not working), I work when I feel
compelled to (which does turn out to be quite regularly.)
some artists are very strict and keep proper office hours for working -
start at 9 and then clock off at 5:30. and they feel they need this to
maintain a practice. others are more fluid and work as and when the need
takes them (I'm sure there are levels in between).

do you plan drawings beforehand? do you have an idea of form and colours
before you start or do you just dive in? I'd like to think that you just
start... pulling forms out of a table.
and... (lots of questions) do the titles come first? I am enjoying the
empyre drawings and their links to particular posts.

I don't think doing something on your blog everyday is a weird devotion,
although if you published talking to your wife, brushing your teeth,
washing the dishes, taking a shower everyday on your blog people might
question it (maybe not? that's a different discussion I think)
it does take devotion though. and it does require confidence. you have
created something and you are using the blog to share it with people.
this is an important aspect of any creative act.

rich