Re: [-empyre-] Re: empyre Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2
- To: soft_skinned_space <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [-empyre-] Re: empyre Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2
- From: Deborah Kelly <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 02:28:59 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pHK+SmyQWL2pqmBSr0lWrVjvBZRUmyNvv0x5uLpLHz0ARtBhmfJzqgHIrIVmZqEoIGJFiC3tFePIEkVW+2aRzaD/kW8wHXOqHCzeytwOvSuAhepEY5vTs29JtDzgYEvl43eUhMvf/Oted3kVma5WCg2DsqsVolV0cg597lCRd+o= ;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: soft_skinned_space <firstname.lastname@example.org>
--- email@example.com wrote:
> <Hi blakkbyrd,
> <I am responsible for putting together the list of
> guest this month and
> understand where you are coming from.
> I dont think you do. I think it is extremely
> insulting to the members of
> this discussion list that you can bring in two
> foreigners as "authorities"
> on Australian legal issues. How patronising can you
> >A number of people from the organisations you
> mentioned were invited to be
> guests but did not commit to the discussion.
> Why not? Are they concerned about making public
> statements regarding the
> new legislation?
> >Initially, I was wanting a
> discussion that had an Asia Pacific focus - seeing
> that I am the
> moderator from
> this region. Sedition was a topic that I thought was
> a hot issue, and that we
> could start from the new Anti-Terrorist laws and
> then push out to look
> at other
> relevant international cases.
> Before the list can address the international
> situation, a thorough
> overview of the Australian law is required.
> Even though our guests are not predominately
> Australian, they are well
> to discuss the topic of sedition. It is my hope that
> the guests this month
> engage interested people from Australia to
> participate and the discussion can
> develop from there....
> I cant see it, sorry? Neither of the americans have
> any background in
> Australian law and I am completely disinterested in
> anything they have to
> say about american sedition when there is so much to
> discuss about
> Tracey Benson
> empyre forum
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and