[-empyre-] dissident Art in SL?
- To: soft_skinned_space <email@example.com>
- Subject: [-empyre-] dissident Art in SL?
- From: "Ana Valdés" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:43:41 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=ADoz4AN0tQkrAaW+Mahs1StprZVEWQQimyAH8cqjrZE31M/Vf+194U63a0aTicTgGSa3jah7GJKCVqHoVjHKOavDMdS10lKteyCwAnKVJYB93OCyAJImrALhGtADOIiTcwaBtvXfPQZs2aPgdZMWjDVlcmW5uGmpJDnKL3SAOIo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=pRoLJGNWUdQ2gXYulmxbAUS9Ua7ACcOH+ezD7MRmR58sar1+TP4yVDRiK/0YEvz8o5FgCAXpMCPLcA67hHuGsWbkS1UAKTe+eKaimK4XcGGxZkOQNFmOj/WdEjxpXDoZeK8MomjauC0bVuyCx1yix25eSFnGrC7S8kOagY6zoDk=
- Reply-to: soft_skinned_space <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am missing here a core concept for me and that's the question, who
creates Art and for whom. If Second Life is the white framework than
Ricardo discussed, we are again reproducing a middle class dream of
houses, furniture, performance art to enjoy. Where are the Second Life
shacks where a big part of the Earth population lives? Where are the
suburbs where people being shot for crack or for other stuff? We are
discussing the digital gap, but we are still reproducing art made in
laboratories and in universities.
But who are making the "contestatory Art", the activist Art who really
challenge Linden Labs dream on a metaverse universum where all speak
English, consume Art and virtual performances and spend Linden
For me SL is a cute rand harmless eproduction of an American city with
shiny motorways and perfect weather, not far from Disney's dream of
the perfect society, the gated community Celebration,
http://celebration.nm1.net/, where you can build your house in
Victorian or French or Mediterraneum style.
Where are the SL dissidents, the people who challenge Linden Labs
control over SL, who makes an Art who breaks the conventions from
Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and