[-empyre-] Ars Electronica / Second Life Architecture Competition
- To: soft_skinned_space <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [-empyre-] Ars Electronica / Second Life Architecture Competition
- From: Stephan Doesinger <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:09:41 +0200 (CEST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.de; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=Vp7AotGnnLQKFjW5/5xqkNvyX6ue2BTK6NCtVKvSBDwGYqS6Zo0e4r36/wVji5s9/FesUoznjRixnq9O02Q2M/rQZNJMdRkQWmSR4mnuuQ++8sTSHf0Ojp2RGBKGAmrQxaydBnPZjjSkJLO6Mw7Hl21P1UeS+3gT9zAT18J9gSM=;
- In-reply-to: <C2F1C839.56B1email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, soft_skinned_space <email@example.com>
This is the last call for the 1st Annual Architecture
& Design Competition in Second Life.
On 1 September 2007, the acceptance of entries ends
for the 1st Annual Architecture & Design Competition
in Second Life. An international jury will choose the
most innovative projects at the Ars Electronica
Festival in Linz, Austria on 8 September 2007 from 2pm
to 8pm. The jury will be public at the
Architekturforum Linz, and it will be shown live on
Second Life (SURL: publictownscape).
Jury members will include Pascal Schöning and Shumon
Basar of the renowned Architectural Association in
London, Tor Lindstrand from the Royal College of
Technology in Stockholm, Michael Schirner from ZKM
Karlsruhe, architecture curator Mathieu Wellner, and
the founder of the competition, artist Stephan
The winners will be chosen from five categories:
High-Rise Architecture, Private Homes, Commercial
Architecture & V-Shopping, Landscape Design und
Between the jury's decision on 8 September and 25
October, Second Life participants will select the
winner of the Public Prize from projects nominated by
the jury. The winner will receive ?1000. On 25
October, there will be an awards ceremony and party at
the World Cultural Heritage Zollverein Essen, Germany.
In spring 2008, Prestel Publishing Group will release
a high-quality publication about the results of the
competition with articles by specialists and experts
from a wide range of fields.
The competition is supported by the French furniture
producer Ligne Roset and the Munich Südhausbau.
Avastar, the Second Life publication, is a media
Entries can be submitted on the website
www.sl-award.com until 1 September 2007.
Official website of the competition: www.sl-award.com
International Ars Electronica Festival: www.aec.at
Zollverein, UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in
Essen, Germany: www.zollverein.de
Exclusive furniture from Ligne Roset:
Munich Südhausbau: www.suedhausbau.de
Avastar ? the most important publication about Second
Prestel Publishing Group: www.prestel.com
Competition founder Stephan Doesinger:
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system.
Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker. BE A BETTER HEIMWERKER! www.yahoo.de/clever
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and