[-empyre-] November 2007 on -empyre- : Memory Errors in theTechnosphere: Art, Accident, Archive

roof12 at comcast.net roof12 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 02:59:43 EST 2007

And doesn't this bring into question whether the human voice itself was ever "authentic" or "embodied"?  Doesn't the voice occupy a strange  site of ambivalence and departure from embodiment? And once loosed, once an utterance made, never more emboded except in some odd analogy to Bazin's notion of cinematic ontology?  And timeless in that the idea of a locus for recorded voices is always in doubt since in the very act of being recorded the "authenticity" of the voice is both apparently guaranteed and forever displaced?

Sorry to interupt in mid-stream, so to speak.

Judith
From: G.H.Hovagimyan <ghh at thing.net>