[-empyre-] another explanation in re lost posts

Christina McPhee christina at christinamcphee.net
Thu Jan 17 00:15:13 EST 2008

Good question.  Melinda Rackham  chose  -empyre-'s plain text
convention when she began the list in 2002. It was a formal criterion.
She wished to keep the -empyre- space totally text based.... -empyre-
iconoclastic-  .   The moderating team has tried to stick with
Melinda's editorial choices and try to make decisions about this kind
of thing together.  Nonetheless Mr. O'Brien yesterday removed this
particular content-filter .   Maybe that's going to help. Why Naeem's
posts bounced and disappeared is still a mystery since he was writing
in plain text.