[-empyre-] start of july......directions

sdv at krokodile.co.uk sdv at krokodile.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 17:51:30 EST 2008

mez breeze wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Angela Ferraiolo
> <aferraiolo at gmail.com <mailto:aferraiolo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     1. With the brakes chewed, their front axel pops over the
>     planters. And with a spooling swerve they crash their van past the
>     front porch into a mud thatched oak. (JN)
>
>     2. "Now its your turn," Whistler laughs. "I think she's good for
>     one more." The way his left eye bulged still bothers Denim, but he
>     knows better than to say anything, especially when Whistler is in
>     this kind of mood. (AK)
>
>     3. But they were car poor. Such high tops, as in shoes. Not
>     Whistler's shoes as he is shoe rich. Jeans as names and the birds,
>     those moody fear mongers, can lift the trees, such bark heavy
>     alarms. (JN)
>
>     4. the van's headlights screened by the mud from the oak their
>     electric light washing over the walk the porch the house itself unlit
>     empty the street almost stubbornly dark the moon divided the stars
>     fracturing in the now cracked glass of the van's windshield their
>     reflection faintly lighting shards of glass splinters of the front
>     porch the cracked pottery of the ruined planters suburbia's uniform
>     order cancelled now like a series of bad checks until finally the
>     headlights went out too a door down the street opening and then
>     slamming not followed by footsteps but only by a more complete silence
>     the night pushing on Whistler beginning to perceive the low rush of
>     air entering and leaving his lungs the silhouette of Denim's face a
>     distant curve that slid lower as Whistler strained to lift his head by
>     degrees by inches forward skyward up causing the moon to scatter
>     deliriously across the crazed glass stretching dilating revolving and
>     then inverting again as incapable Whistler fell back staring into
>     shadow unable to quit listening to the now flat growing unbearable
>     silence of the night where he could sense an approach of some kind of
>     outcome indifferent unnameable yet as certain as dawn and he thought
>     (af)
>

> 5...his  synth_suit. all p[l]ocked.mar[c]ked + r[l]e[i]s[ure]in bound.
> no crash was programmed  4 this session!?

He took off the suit, and was about to write a quick complaint  to the
project manager, when he changed his mind and phoned her instead. "Hello
S ? We need a team meeting. ...I've just exited from World(3)... ...The
violence bug is no better but it's still not ready for user testing.
Unless the violence is turned down we will never be able to present
World(3) as a replacement for focus groups and polling surveys which is
the supposed purpose...11Am.." And wondered when and if world(3) would
ever be ready for the clients.