[-empyre-] Frente 3 de Fevereiro

Jennifer Flores Sternad jf at post.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 3 06:01:31 EST 2008

Dear Daniel and Felipe, thank you so much for your responses!

 I wanted to ask you if you could elaborate on your comment, Felipe:

"Just as a personal note, I consider that neoliberalism is actually in
crisis and that we are experiencing some kind of post-neoliberal
moment not only in Latin America, but also in the world."

also, if anyone else has thoughts on this...

besos,
jennifer

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:31 AM, brian whitener <iwaslike at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I sent this e-mail yesterday, but I still haven't received it yet on the list.
> Could you send it again for me, please?
> And please explain that I sent it yesterday and not today.
> Thank you very much.
>
>           Abrazos,
>

>   Felipe
>

> Hi Everybody,
>
> We, from the Frente 3 de Fevereiro, are really sorry to only contribute to this discussion in the end of it.
> We
> have been really busy in the last month finishing our Music Album and improving our Website.
> We have finished both.
> We invite everybody to visit the new website: http://www.frente3defevereiro.com.br/
> The songs can be heard there and soon they will be available for download at the website (June 10th).
>
> We would like to contribute to the discussion first by answering some questions that Brian Whitener has put for us.
> The questions were:
> 1) How these
> critiques that are very
> conscious of global geo-politics with very localized, or situated and
> responsive interventions, are conceived (and how do they direct the work)?
> 2) What are the
> mechanisms of intervention?
> 3) What can we learn from these groups and
> artists (most of whom have 10 or more years of working).
> 4) How can we
> translate (conceptually, literally, and figurative) between these
> experiences, contexts, and theorizations/embodiments of critique?
> 5) And
> how can we potenciate a new cycle of struggle?
> 6)
> What are the forces in your context (both situated and historical)?
> Globalization? Neoliberalism? Imperialism? (a related question would
> be: can the Argentinean experience from 1999-2003 be collapsed into the
> anti-globalization movement? What about Brazilian movements? Are we
> still in the neoliberal moment? Or its crisis? Or is crisis its
> moment?)
> 7) What does the current moment look like/feel like?
> (for example in Mexico, there several strong insurgent movements, APPO,
> Zap,  but in Mexico City we continue to watch and wait. Thus, our
> moment is much different from the Argentinean moment).
> 8) Current practices. What are you doing and why?
> 9) One question you think we should be thinking about.
> 10) The group started as
> response to media, does it continue like this...?
>
> 11) Can you talk more about
> the idea of "the cartographer is a true cultural cannibal¨"
>
> 12) Is it accurate to say
> that your practice is concerned with inventing new ways of
> reading and writing desires, therefore inventing new forms of
> sociability?
>
> 13) Current projects?
>
> Here are the Answers:
>
> 1)
> [...]