[-empyre-] against silence: thanks to everyone for this dialogue

naxsmash naxsmash at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 12:07:42 EST 2008

Brian, Eduardo, Jennifer, Irina and everybody, thanks so much for a
great discussion.  I am so happy that there was so  much
participation,  and am grateful to all of you for taking the time to
deal with these difficult topics and to radiate such strong purpose
and reflection.

It's time to draw this to a close.  Jason Nelson will begin
momentarily with our June topic on electronic literature.

Again my thanks for enlightening and empowering words.

To repeat again, Eduardo's comment:

> To write here is not enough...
> but is better than nothing.
>
> To have a dialogue is really important: silence is one of the
> conditions that capitalism needs. Noise, yes, reflections, no.
>
> I think that all this month, we had a very good dialogue!

all best wishes,

+ abrazos

Christina

On Jun 5, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Eduardo Molinari wrote:

> Dear friends of empyre,
> again, close to the "end"...
> thank you!
> Dear S, dear Irina,
>
> yes, liberalism - neoliberalism = capitalism
> the specific context is important Irina, is real what you say about
> the words of Frente 3 de Febrero, specially if we think what means
> in our southamerican countries the word "industry".
>
> I like very much your commentary S.!
> To write here is not enough...
> but is better than nothing.
>
> To have a dialogue is really important: silence is one of the
> conditions that capitalism needs. Noise, yes, reflections, no.
>
> I think that all this month, we had a very good dialogue!
>
> un abrazo
> eduardo
>

> Eduardo Molinari / Archivo Caminante
> Aramburu 880, Dto.1 (1640) Martínez
> Provincia de Buenos Aires – Argentina
> 0541 1 47 98 48 35
>

> --- El mié 4-jun-08, sdv at krokodile.co.uk <sdv at krokodile.co.uk>
> escribió:
>
>> De: sdv at krokodile.co.uk <sdv at krokodile.co.uk>
>> Asunto: Re: [-empyre-] to brazil with love
>> Para: poopstarr at yahoo.com, "soft_skinned_space" <empyre at lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au
>> >
>> Fecha: miércoles, 4 de junio de 2008, 5:27 am
>> irina/all
>>
>> laughs - understood....
>>
>> Incidentally I think that we should understand that
>> neo-liberalism as
>> part of the continuum of liberalism, which is not just a
>> repulsive
>> ideology but also recognizably a governmental technology.
>> What seems
>> critical is that what emerges from the current crisis in
>> liberalism/neo-liberalism (for me these things should not
>> be considered
>> as seperate concepts) will depend on the actions we engage
>> in.... as
>> long as nobody imagines that writing here is enough to
>> constitute an
>> action we should be ok...

>> Irina Contreras wrote:
>>> oh and i just meant the states as in the united
>> states.
>>> my apologies for being inevitably brainwashed and
>> assimilated.
>>> but thats how that whole shpeal started.

> [...]

Christina McPhee
http://christinamcphee.net
http://strikeslip.tv
http://naxsmash.net