[-empyre-] Socio political incidences in Mexico

Gianni Wise gana at iinet.net.au
Tue May 6 16:02:35 EST 2008

Javier .. just curious .. you say that José Antonio Vega Macotela
compares himself working as the artist alone (a condition that to
some degree is universal to many artists at least) to the reclusive
Sta. Martha de? Acatitla. Is that correct? or/and is his performative
work a reference to the womens' prison in Mexico ? (I think - its
quite well known).
How, if this is the case, does his performance 'get(s) into
something, really into an exchange of experiences based on real
interests'? Could you clarify?
[I do comprehend your point on art using 'socially intense'
experience as their own. I would call it voyeurism...]

Gianni Wise