[-empyre-] Nake and the Notion of "Public"

Eduardo Molinari archivocaminante at yahoo.com.ar
Sun May 11 11:14:06 EST 2008

Dear Julian, dear Patrick

is very interesting this missunderstanding about the concept "public".
For me public is the oposite of private.
I mean, private is a limit, is a question of propierty.

Public is not a question of space or quantity of audience.
For me public is a dimension of a collective construction,
also collective imagination.
At last, of collective propierty.

When we say that something is public for me means also
something that is looking for the common welfare.
In this sense, neoliberalism is trying to put this experience
in the past, like an anacronich concept, but...
where is today the limit of the private propierty?

then... when we talk about art or culture,
for me we are talking -without doubt- about public sphere.

a "private collection" is a paradox, is the better example
of the consume culture.

e.m.

Eduardo Molinari / Archivo Caminante
Aramburu 880, Dto.1 (1640) Martínez