[-empyre-] an 'ethico-aesthetic paradigm' - in France and Argentina

Eduardo Molinari archivocaminante at yahoo.com.ar
Wed May 14 09:55:39 EST 2008

Dear Timothy,

when I read your mail
I think that is really not a big contradiction
between your words and Brian ones.

Is very difficult to do the kind of art work that you
put as examples without destroying bounderies of class or comfort.

I like very much your idea of reflective critical thinking as activism.
Is true, if we don't do this, we are in danger.

In Argentina is very difficult to make real the articulation between artits and teory. Our education system is poor on this, we need more!
Also, the conservative mentality of our middle / high classes is pathetic.
They don't expect an artist with a reflective critical practice.

in the 90, the hegemonical practice don't talk about context or history.
The human righst fight (asking for memory, justice) was an important space for reflective critical practice, but all the artists that we were there,
needs more.

On this sense, the international dialogue that began in 2001, when many activists / militant artists came to our country, have manyyyyyyyy
valious for us. Expanded space! Expanded time!
we need to protect this space.

all the best for all.
eduardo

Eduardo Molinari / Archivo Caminante