[-empyre-] "Hactivating" and the Screw-Up

Christina McPhee christina at christinamcphee.net
Wed Dec 9 18:15:13 EST 2009

When my son was very little, about 2 years old, there was a discount
department store called Venture..
He later told me that the song by Steppenwolf was not " head out on
the highway/ looking for adventure... ''

but 'looking for a Venture'

....poor little guy strapped in the back seat of the van in one of
those child carriers trying to see whether the next concrete
shopping mall plaza might have a Venture...

Mesaprise-- misapprehension-- something we totally want to resist in
design and consumption or in the design of consumption or the
consumption of design (the bad seed!  the nightmare project !) ::  how
things don't work.....

The mistake is the beginning of the mutation.   "In the still cave of
the witch poesy... "

Caroline Bergvall:

Pervaded with that Ceaseless Motion 12:53 2006

Caroline: "Shelley's "Mont Blanc" poem read with sound by Mario Diaz
de León. Note on the title: For some inexplicable reason, on the day
of the recording I found myself without a copy of Shelley’s "Mont
Blanc". I quickly downloaded one from some online Shelley site. Only
much later and far too late did we discover that two lines were
missing. Line 32: “Thou art pervaded with that ceaseless motion”. This
was partially reintegrated to the poem by becoming the title of our
collaborative reading. Line 65: “Blue as the overhanging heaven, that
spread”. This beautiful line is still spreading."  http://www.carolinebergvall.com/

-Christina

Christina McPhee
http://christinamcphee.net