[-empyre-] Demand Nothing, Occupy Everything?

marc sparkle at c-level.cc
Thu Nov 19 19:52:29 EST 2009

Its curious, the organizing of the UC strikes.
There seem to be about 50 websites, several layers of organization who
do not seem coordinated, and a strike call that (I might just be
uninformed)
was made without consultation with many people that now has shown to
be at least nominally affective in getting us to strike.

Talk about viral, I don't even think it has much to do with media for
us or our
students. Its more about an idea that makes sense, in a last ditch
throw spaghetti
on the wall and see what sticks kind of way. I do not mean that as
dismissive in the very
least.

Demand Nothing, Occupy Everything. Occupy all the spaces of potential
organizing.

I 'm not think our students watch corporate media. They are online and
in classrooms.
They've heard about it from some bits on facebook and more
"traditional" forms like talking
to peers and teachers.

Cara Baldwin mentioned that, in this traditional manner, Foucalt comes
in to play big time here.
Its clear to us that if all the students signed the damed petitions
going around, it'd be pretty difficult
for power to so blithely ignore opinion. And though surrounded on
campus by universal agreement
that the whole situation is just bad, they don't sign up. Its their
internal cop.

Insurrection. What about that.