[-empyre-] creating environmental conditions / creating teleological perspectives

Michael MacDonald halfsharpmusic at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 5 04:51:22 EST 2010

"Disclaimer: I'm not being metaphorical. I don't immediately see how this
would work when dealing with creative material other than code."

Greetings to all from western Canada where I've been lurking while writing my dissertation of the industrialization of folk music and the development of the folk music industry into a non-centralized community based model of art commodity exchange.

All that to chime in on marloes last post.

I've been struggling with a model to address the application of commodity exchange to music cultures in different parts of the world which does not fall into the trap of linearity and all of the hierarchy that it implies.

It seems, on first blush, that this approach to coding (forking) could be a useful metaphor.

Has anyone attempted this? Applying coding (as metaphor) to economics?

m.

 Michael B. MacDonald

University of Alberta
Music Department