[-empyre-] Fwd: Minor Simulations, Major Disturbances

Brett Stalbaum stalbaum at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 14 04:15:22 EST 2010

At this point, being very much "thrown" in the midst of events here at
UCSD, I feel I have very little theoretical insight to offer at this
time. I am a little too close to the fire. But what I can do is to
attempt to activate past theory developed in the crucible of the
Electronic Disturbance Theater years back. In particular, radical
transparency. I am curious about how the technocratc/liberal-atavistic/
conservative academic regime that Arthur theorizes responds to radical
transparency. The email below represents the third time that I have
outed myself to the same Administrators who are going after Ricardo.
(Not everyone in the "to" list below is necessarily involved in the
investigation, but they are all in administrative positions of
interest.) So far, those persecuting the complaints seem uninterested
in charging me with any crimes or going after my tenure. I'm not sure
whether this is the result of a strategy to shoot for the head (a bad
tactic against the rhizome), or whether it is general bureaucratic
stasis or a specific panic that is preventing them from deciding what
to do about my case, not to mention the hundreds of others around here
who are willing to (or who already have) formally admitted that they
too were involved in the electronic speech acts of March 4th. I will
keep you updated as to any outcomes of my experiment. I also thought
it would be useful to invite the administrators in question to
participate in this discussion. I hope they are willing to return
transparency with transparency, because that would represent a real
breakthrough, and perhaps even offer a counter to Arthur's argument,
in the case that they disagree with his evaluation.

Cheers,
Brett Stalbaum

If there is anything important that you would like them to know,

Begin forwarded message:

--
Brett Stalbaum, Lecturer, LSOE
Coordinator, Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts Major (ICAM)