[-empyre-] Ricardo Dominguez: letter of support from FILE

Cicero Inacio da Silva ciceroinaciodasilva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:49:54 EST 2010

*FILE*

*festival internacional de linguagem eletrônica*

*electronic language international festival*

*http://www.file.org.br/*

São Paulo, April 06, 2010

To: Grant Kester, Kristina Larsen, Seth Lerer, Lawrence Pitt, Amy Rosen,
Academic Affairs, Ricardo Dominguez, Brett Stalbaum, Micha Cárdenas, Sheldon
Brown

We, from FILE, the Electronic Language International Festival, one of the
most important Electronic Art Festivals in Latin America, would like to
express our outrage at the facts reported by researchers from UCSD in
relation to the persecution that has been perpetrated against the UCSD
researcher and artist Ricardo Dominguez. As a Festival that has strong ties
with North America and that invited more than 300 US artists and researchers
in the past 10 years, we are deeply concerned with the UCSD position in the
case of Prof. Dominguez humanitarian artistic and academic research.

          We do believe that the leaders of UCSD will wisely respect the
academic environment, which must be maintained with a free spirit, with the
risk of seeing democracy and freedom of artistic expression curtailed, as
happens today in many countries around the world.

For this reason, we kindly demand that UCSD cancel the investigations
against Mr. Ricardo Dominguez and respect university autonomy, by which the
United States is still recognized and respected throughout the world.

Paula Perissinotto and Ricardo Barreto

Founders,

*FILE* - Electronic Language International Festival

www.file.org.br

Cicero Inacio da Silva

chair

*FILE* Symposium

Festival Internacional de Linguagem Eletrônica

www.file.org.br

Professor

Federal University of Juiz de Fora (UFJF)

Brasil

Jane de Almeida

Scientific board

*FILE* Symposium

Festival Internacional de Linguagem Eletrônica

www.file.org.br

Professor

Mackenzie University

Brasil