[-empyre-] (no subject)

katherine hayles nk_hayles at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 17:18:12 EST 2010

Hi Jhave, Thanks for your post.  The two books to which I alluded are Quentin Meillassoux, "After Finitude," and Gilbert Simondon, "On the Mode of Existence of Technical Objects."  Both have developing arguments that must be followed step-by-step to grasp the scope and significance of the argument.  That is the kind of book I aspire to write myself.  Even in this age of skimming (which I too find myself doing more and more), I still prize the book that demands more of its readers.