[-empyre-] FWD: From Artist-in-residence Janice Perry

MISCHA TWITCHIN mischa.twitchin at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 14 10:17:29 EST 2010

Dear colleagues - just wanted to break my silence to say thank you for the
various threads i have been following. I am participating in the Making Sense
colloquium next week and, indeed, find the discussions challenging for my
thinking towards it. With the beginning of the academic term I am finding it
difficult, however, to make time to reply properly to the debates. Also, here in
the UK we are currently facing the possibility of the withdrawal of government
funding for arts and humanities subjects in universities - potentially to be
paid for in the future by a "market" in student fees (in effect, a further step
towards the privatisation of universities here). More Dickens' "worst of times"
than best - a "winter of despair". In this context it seems rather solipsistic,
but i had wanted to reply to Janice's notice of her "Being Derrida" piece -
simply to offer a link to a short film i made also mining the "Derrida" film,
called "Deconstruction: The Famous Yogurt Scene" (it is probably rather too
"wordy", but it has moments of
humour!): http://shunt.co.uk/mischa_twitchin/yoghurt.html
Apologies for not contributing more thoughtfully at this time. With all best
wishes, Mischa
(http://shunt.co.uk/mischa_twitchin/index.html)