[-empyre-] Netopticon as Matrix

Cynthia Beth Rubin cbr at cbrubin.net
Sat Jan 29 01:02:44 EST 2011

What I find interesting about Patrick's post is that he is focusing on cameras, which record actions but not discourse, leaving actions open to interpretation.  Still images become the frozen moment (Susan Sontag) and bits of documentation float with no context.  One might argue that context is provided by emails and Facebook postings, meaning that we now have to consider these communications as captions and footnotes to the recordings of our actions (Facebook of course encourages us to do this - but in a "friendly manner that usually lacks substance.

Do we all have to start daily blogs as the only "authorized" biography of our lives?

Cynthia

Cynthia Beth Rubin
http://CBRubin.net