[-empyre-] "(E)MOTION FREQUENCY deceleration"

Rodney Berry rodberry at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:17:13 EST 2011

Hi all! apologies for the last post. I was actually forwarding the one post
- a bit out of context to some colleagues to lure them into the list but I
was typing too fast with my palms on my laptop touchpad and somehow replied
instead of forwarding.

... fallen from the balcony onto the stage and wondering what to say - I
guess that's how we all become artists.

and Sérgio, thanks for steering me into some Deleuze for breakfast :)

Rod (red-faced lurker)

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Johannes Birringer <
Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Rod, welcome to this conversation;
>
> [and perhaps to clarify, this month's discussion is not about dance at all,
> but about time and how we think we exist]
>
> Thanks for your posting, Sérgio,
>

>   I suspect the speeding-up of our lives, the obession with interactivity
> and production by means of technological devices are stoping many
> people from experiencing important intelectual and aesthetic challenges and
> creating a generation of people addicted to to
> intensity and dellusive involvement of technological environments.
> >>

> could you speak a little bit more about your experience with immersive
> installations and sounding instruments?
> are you, following the passage you cited from Deleuze, associating
> immersion and the 'interactive/participatory" imperative
> with repression or coercion?
>
> what role plays 'understanding',  in spectatorship?
>
> moderately
> Johannes Birringer
>

> To subscribe via  the World Wide Web, visit
>       http://lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/empyre
>
> Send your own posting to:
>       empyre at lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au

Rodney Berry rodberry.net