No subject

Sat Oct 8 08:16:18 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: empyre-bounces at lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au
[mailto:empyre-bounces at lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au] On Behalf Of Johannes
Birringer
Sent: 25 October 2011 15:43
To: soft_skinned_space
Subject: Re: [-empyre-] "(E)MOTION FREQUENCY deceleration" - time and
morphologies

Sondra, thanks for taking us into some graver questions/contexts that may
connect Jack's work on embryology,  Elisita's meditations on ontogenetic
development, and Jaime's propositions for "amorphous bodies (in his post
today).

>>Sondra writes:

Now I wonder, just why do we discard our old people?
Age is metamorphosis, a word that has come to mean a lot to me, and which
now guides my view of the dances I do inspired by butoh. I don't consider
myself a butoh dancer or teacher, but I know I wouldn't be dancing or
teaching as I do without my experiences and researches into this incredible
art. I think of butoh as romantic, which may surprise many, but my view of
romance is wide, certainly encompassing the darkness of butoh and Ohno's
incredible hats. Also his ability to transform.>>.

Your very interesting video, partly set in the snow and the Utah deserts,
mentions you're working on the book on "global alchemy" and butoh's outward
(inward) reach - so you consider it having a widening effect of cultural
transformation and also morphosis? in the political sense in which Jaime
requests? or in an aesthetic/meditational sense, or that sensibility which
Anna Halprin called 'movement towards life'?

Thanks David for gracefully shifting contexts of your initial post on
different theories of creation, which I took seriously...

and I wondered whether Akram Khan might reply to David, commenting on his
research at CERN on the beginnings of the universe, the time before time,
and the "re-creation" of the acceleration of particles at the embryonic
moment of the universe and the galaxies?

with regards
Johannes

empyre forum
empyre at lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au