[-empyre-] Week 1: Rethinking Curatorial Options, Globally bios for Jennifer Fisher and Jim Drobnick

Renate Ferro rtf9 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 2 23:15:25 EST 2012

Whoops sorry Jennifer.  It seems that your bio was inadvertently not
pasted in place. Here are both bios again
Sorry about that. Renate

Full bios for both of your are below.

Jim Drobnick (CA)
Jim Drobnick is a curator and Associate Professor of Contemporary Art
and Theory at OCAD University, Toronto. He has published on the visual
arts, performance, the senses and post-media practices in recent
anthologies such as Art, History and the Senses (2010) and Senses and
the City (2011), and the journals Angelaki, High Performance,
Parachute, Performance Research, and The Senses & Society, where he is
now reviews editor. His books include the anthologies Aural Cultures
(2004) and The Smell Culture Reader (2006).

Jennifer Fisher (CA)
Jennifer Fisher is a curator and Associate Professor of Contemporary
Art and Curatorial Studies in the Department of Visual Art at York
University, Toronto. Her research focuses on exhibition practices,
performance, the visual arts, museums, collecting and the aesthetics
of the non-visual senses. Her writings have been featured in
anthologies such as Caught in the Act (2005) and The Senses in
Performance (2006), and journals such as Art Journal, Border/Lines,
n-paradoxa, Public, and Visual Communication. She is the editor of the
anthology Technologies of Intuition (2006).

Drobnick and Fisher recently launched the Journal of Curatorial
Studies, for which they are editors
(www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=205/).
They are the founding members of DisplayCult, a collaborative
framework for interdisciplinary studies in the visual arts. Its main
objective is to creatively merge disciplines, media and communities in
order to propose generative prototypes for display and aesthetic
engagement. Their exhibitions include NIGHTSENSE (2009), MetroSonics
(2009), Odor Limits (2008), Listening Awry (2007), Do Me! (2006),
Aural Cultures (2005), Linda Montano (2003), reminiSCENT (2003),
Museopathy (2001), Vital Signs (2000) and CounterPoses (1998), among
others. Their collaborative publications include the catalogues
CounterPoses (2002) and Museopathy (2002), as well as essays in
Trespassers & Captives (2000), Image and Inscription (2005), and
Dispersions: Aernout Mik (2005). www.displaycult.com