[-empyre-] Curatorial Studies

Brian Holmes bhcontinentaldrift at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:58:31 EST 2012

On 04/06/2012 11:31 PM, Ana Valdés wrote:
> I am going a bit skeptical here, I was also involved in the Moderna
> Museets discussion about the institution's own role and Museum Futures
> was a part of it.

Querida Ana, I am no less sceptical than you are. I find the video
absolutely fantastic for everything it is able to project into the
future as a kind of utopia, and as a barb into the absence of any such
utopia in the present, but I am puzzled by the idealization that
permeates it. As I understand, the really existing museum also could do
nothing significant with the ideas of the video, although that is less
tragic than being able to do nothing with postcoloniality.

Please tell us about your experiences with Moderna Museet and maybe we
can learn something about curating.

un abrazo, Brian