[-empyre-] Martin Rieser on Screen/Interface

Mathias Fuchs mathias.fuchs at creativegames.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 18:36:09 EST 2012

Hi Martin,

I just looked at the ro.me example you pointed us towards. My experience
was that I was switching from using the piece via screen mode or
interface mode. Once I was in the cinematic mode I forgot moving the
mouse, and when I was in the interface and control mode I lost the
cinematic experience.
Is the dual character of such pieces then a to and from much more than a
synchronicity of screen and interface?

Reminds me of 90ies Broadcasting experiments in Austria where you could
swap channels to get another viewpoint in a murder mystery.
The users did either enjoy the channel hopping or they just stayed on
one channel and version and watched and watched.

Mathias on Rieser's

--
Dr. Mathias Fuchs
   European Masters in Ludic Interfaces

Vertr. Prof. Visuelles Denken und Wahrnehmen
   Universität Potsdam, Institut für Künste und Medien
   Am Neuen Palais, Haus 2, Zimmer 108

Residential Address: Ratiborstrasse 18
   10999 Berlin, Germany
   phone: +49 3092109654