[-empyre-] Martin Rieser on Screen/Interface

Martin Rieser martin.rieser at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:06:03 EST 2012

Well, it is analagous to many games in that you can turn and view or walk
through 3D scenes and to films in that the linear actions  are unaffected
by your interaction, but  play out in front of you. I found I could enjoy
both modes without a jump, but that does not mean that it is a seamless
medium. The example is really to show the potential for HTML5 to develop
these scenarios, which can easily be locked on to GPS data and projected
dimensionally across real landscapes.

Martin

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Mathias Fuchs <
mathias.fuchs at creativegames.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I just looked at the ro.me example you pointed us towards. My experience
> was that I was switching from using the piece via screen mode or interface
> mode. Once I was in the cinematic mode I forgot moving the mouse, and when
> I was in the interface and control mode I lost the cinematic experience.
> Is the dual character of such pieces then a to and from much more than a
> synchronicity of screen and interface?
>
> Reminds me of 90ies Broadcasting experiments in Austria where you could
> swap channels to get another viewpoint in a murder mystery.
> The users did either enjoy the channel hopping or they just stayed on one
> channel and version and watched and watched.
>
> Mathias on Rieser's
>
>  interactive cinema and online games, where the screen is both cinematic
>> surface and interaction space-take
>>

> --
> Dr. Mathias Fuchs
>   European Masters in Ludic Interfaces
>   The University of Salford
>   http://ludicinterfaces.com
>
> Vertr. Prof. Visuelles Denken und Wahrnehmen
>   Universität Potsdam, Institut für Künste und Medien
>   Am Neuen Palais, Haus 2, Zimmer 108
>
> Residential Address: Ratiborstrasse 18
>   10999 Berlin, Germany
>   phone: +49 3092109654
>   mobile: +49 17677287011
> http://creativegames.org.uk/

Martin Rieser

Professor of Digital Creativity
De Montfort University
IOCT: Faculty of Art Design and Humanities
The Gateway, Leicester LE1 9BH
44 +116 250 6578

http://www.ioct.dmu.ac.uk
http://www.mobileaudience.blogspot.com