[-empyre-] July on empyre: Screens

Martin Rieser martin.rieser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:05:43 EST 2012

I think this is a good point from Marco: proprioception and visceral
embodiment are very pertinent to the user experience in these mobile works
and the understanding of these senses is very limited among designers and
artists. I am still very much in favour of us seeing the screen as a part
of a larger system - a membrane between content , landscape and the user.

martin

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Marco Donnarumma <m at marcodonnarumma.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the mention Salvatore and Simon.
> I'm silently reading the list since a while now.
> Thought to pop up.
>
> It's interesting to note how the idea of screen which Salvatore addressed
> in my work, actually wraps up some crucial notions I've been elaborating in
> some recent writings on the Xth Sense, such as visceral embodiment and
> musical proprioception (the latter largely discussed outside musical
> frameworks by Massumi, among the others).
> Don't want to hijack the thread, I'll be here in case there's interest,
> now or in future discussions.
>
> best wishes,
> Marco
>

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Simon Biggs <simon at littlepig.org.uk>wrote:
>
>> Marco is one of our MSc students and doing very interesting stuff too!
>>

>> Sent from a mobile device, thus the brevity.
>>
>> Simon Biggs
>> simon at littlepig.org.uk
>> s.biggs at ed.ac.uk
>> http://www.littlepig.org.uk
>>
>> On 9 Jul 2012, at 23:01, "Clough, Patricia" <PClough at gc.cuny.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for these sites     They are great    Patricia

Martin Rieser

Professor of Digital Creativity
De Montfort University
IOCT: Faculty of Art Design and Humanities
The Gateway, Leicester LE1 9BH
44 +116 250 6578

http://www.ioct.dmu.ac.uk
http://www.mobileaudience.blogspot.com