[-empyre-] stepping out of the frame to shadow play around

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Mon Jul 30 04:33:02 EST 2012

oh, no one was willing to take on the screening of the olympic opening show,
and respond?

I saw that Ai Wei Wei liked it, so he says in The Guardian.
He thought that (at Beijing) "the Chinese ceremony had so much less information and it wasn't even real."

He then says:  "In London there were more close-ups – it didn't show the big formations. It had the human touch...
What I liked most with this was that it always came back to very personal details.
And that's what makes it a nation you can trust; you see the values there.
Anyone who watched it would have a clear understanding of what England is."

I am so relieved now, I will re-watch it [all the bits i missed, like Mr Bean performing with the symphony] on YouTube and
then i'll have an even clearer understanding.

respectfully
Johannes Birrinegr

Martin Rieser schreibt

Dear list

Thanks for a great discussion. I have been far from email for the past two weeks- so sorry for the limited contribution. Much food for thought

Martin