[-empyre-] Transreal Transitional Objects

Jordan Crandall actor at jordancrandall.com
Wed Jun 13 16:00:04 EST 2012

Hello everyone!  I've wanted to find a place to jump in but by the
time I get round to gathering my thoughts, everyone's moved on to
something else.  Well I'm just going to jump onto this fast-moving
train with my stuffed bunny in hand and clutch onto something.  And
see what happens.  It's allright if the object I grasp onto is a
transitional one, because the object itself won't be all slippery,
wet, and sliding between one thing and another, or between virtual or
real.  No: the object will stand firm, in order that it can conduct a
transition in me.  It's going to help me pull my weight, offer me lots
of support, in order that I will be able to get through the change --
say, the transformation in the frontiers of my subjectivity; the
passage from one state of being, stage of life, or state of maturity
to another.  It's going to help soothe the anxiety that comes with
this because it's dependable, unchanging, always there for me.  It's
not itself queer, but it can conduct a queering.