[-empyre-] NA: A parting thought

Simon Biggs simon at littlepig.org.uk
Tue Oct 2 16:58:09 EST 2012

Well - it really needs to get some Foucault, but to do that it could start with Heidegger. What I mean by that is understanding that technology is part of the human/social assemblage. Technology is ontologically critical to being human. NA seems to think that technology is the trigger for a non- or anti-anthropic view of the world. I've no problem with such a view (it's very attractive) but as technology is intrinsically human I can't understand NA logic. Technology does not liberate us from the human but sucks us ever deeper into our own condition. Technology does not liberate but entraps us. NA is an extreme form of the Californian ideology and, as such, repeats its errors. Somebody said NA is anti-ideological but it is actually highly ideological, a form of positivist idealism.

best

Simon