[-empyre-] Welcome back to -empyre-

Renate Ferro rtf9 at cornell.edu
Sun Sep 9 05:06:03 EST 2012

Welcome back all empyreans.  Tim and I are hoping that you had a nice
break in August.  We  are very thankful that our fellow -empyre-
moderator Patrick Lichty will be introducing the September 2012
discussion, "Examining the New Aesthetics."  He will be making the
introductory post in a day or so.

We also wanted to update you on our new web design.  We have two
engineering students at Cornell who worked on the coding last spring.
One of them has graciously agreed to make final changes and upload the
site.  With the beginning of the semester craziness we are a bit
behind and though we did want to launch it this September we will be
doing so instead after we return home from London.

I am busy preparing my exhibition at the Freud Museum.  If there are
any empyreans out there from the London area Tim and I would love to
see you.  You can check the Freud website for the details of the
opening on the 20th of September but we will be there for sure. There
is also a great conference on the 22nd hosted by the museum. Introduce
yourselves to us for sure!

In the meantime Patrick will be manning the moderators site.  We are
grateful to him and look forward to our discussions this month.
Best to all of you.
Renate and Tim

Renate Ferro
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art
Cornell University
Department of Art, Tjaden Hall Office #420
Ithaca, NY  14853
Email:   <rtf9 at cornell.edu>
      http://www.privatesecretspubliclies.net
Lab:  http://www.tinkerfactory.net

Managing Co-moderator of -empyre- soft skinned space
http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyre