[-empyre-] What We Talk About When We Talk About (Media) Aesthetics

Michael Dieter mdieter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:58:30 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm interested this week is raising the topic of aesthetics in the
most broad and conceptual way. It's something that I've been thinking
about a bit, and wonder if maybe it might be a productive way to
reflect on NA. Certainly, myself and others on this list tried to
consider directly the things collected on the Tumblr itself, along
with comments on black-boxing and critique regarding information
technologies in general, but what could 'the aesthetic' itself
possibly mean for this idea?