[-empyre-] enjoying the quiet of August

Renate Ferro rtf9 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 13 05:29:59 EST 2013

Just a quick email to all of our empyre subscribers to give you a
heads up on the months ahead on -empyre-. You have have probably
noticed that our month off-line in August gives us all a chance to
rest and recoup..We will begin our discussions again on September 1st,
a special moderated session on biopolitics, hosted by Adam Nocek. We
would like to follow up in October with a discussion on surveillance.
Given the recent Snowden revelations we thought it might be a timely
topic for the fall.  If any of our subscribers are interested in being
featured as a weekly guest for any of those topics please let me know.

Best Wishes.  Happy August.  Renate

Renate Ferro
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art
Cornell University
Department of Art, Tjaden Hall
Ithaca, NY  14853
Email:   <rtf9 at cornell.edu>
      http://www.privatesecretspubliclies.net
Lab:  http://www.tinkerfactory.net

Managing Co-moderator of -empyre- soft skinned space
http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyre