[-empyre-] FW: Beatriz da Costa (1974-2012)

Maria Fernandez mf252 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 5 06:04:09 EST 2013

Thank you for the letters and the links to Shani's work, Robert. I cannot imagine how difficult all of this must be for you.
Beatriz' strength and determination as they appear in the work are consistent with my recollection of her.  I met Shani when she was an undergraduate at Carnegie Mellon. Her health was already compromised, but no one would  have guessed  it from her gentle demeanor, her ambition and her dedication to her work. Her achievements will give encouragement to many.

María Fernández
Director of Graduate Studies and
Associate Professor
Department of the History of Art