[-empyre-] Beatriz da Costa - the early years

G.H. Hovagimyan ghh at thing.net
Sat Feb 23 10:09:36 EST 2013

Shani was a student of mine & Peter Sinclair's in Aix (Ecole D'Art D'Aix-en_Provence. Peter is the head of the Sound lab and heavy influence on the new media scene especially in sound Art.
Peter & I were doing our first soaPOPera for Laptops and she was one of the members of the "team" She was quite a lot of fun in Aix.
 We were amazed at how far she surpassed us when she went to Carnegie. There's a whole crew in Aix that are deeply saddened by her passing.
/gh

On Feb 22, 2013, at 12:06 PM, Robert Nideffer wrote:

> I first met Shani in late 1999 at Carnegie Mellon where she was an exchange student from Aix-En-Provence finishing her thesis project (the cello) and I was a Research Fellow at the Studio for Creative Inquiry.

G.H. Hovagimyan
http://nujus.net/~gh
http://artistsmeeting.org
http://turbulence.org/Works/plazaville