[-empyre-] empyre subscribers: we want you to tell us about your new projects and post your bio

gh hovagimyan ghh at thing.net
Fri Jun 28 10:33:15 EST 2013

Hi Empyrians --

Tim and Renate have asked what projects we are working on so here goes-

I've been working with the Kinect Camera for the past couple of years.
I have 3 kinect projects I'm working on.  I am developing a post
browser interface
that uses 3D space and infrared 3d space as a physical/virtual
interface.  I believe that
the printing/browser interface is 20 years old and really irrelevant
to  our data environment.
I share some of and I am inspired by data visualization aesthetics
but I find it rather impersonal.
I think one of the tasks of artist in the 21st century is to humanize
and physicalize data interface and retrieval.
http://nujus.net/~nublog/?p=578
--------------
I am working on a collaboration with Rhys Chatham (well known
minimalist musician) and Raphaele Shirley (light artist/sculptor)
in a three person collaboration.  I am using my 3D virtual body to
control Raphaele's light sculpture's.
In this case I am moving in response to Rhys's music and "performing"
her light sculptures.
And I am working on 3 projects for Santiago, Chile. One is to rebuild
a Gordon Matta-Clark work in the museum there.
Another is to be shown at the New Media Bienalle in Chile. I will be
doing 3D Karaoke in Spanish.
http://nujus.net/~nujus/gh_04/gallery20.html
And finally I am developing a new media workshop at the art school of
Santiago for the Spring of next year.
My bio is here -- http://nujus.net/~nujus/gh_04/bio.html