[-empyre-] SenseLab - new forms of collaboration

Brian Holmes bhcontinentaldrift at gmail.com
Mon May 13 07:21:34 EST 2013

On 05/11/2013 05:25 PM, Erin Manning wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing more about this, and perhaps discussing
> how we work across precarity. We are here wanting to think beyond the
> scenario outlined by thinkers such as Bifo, who call for the end of
> activism (the end of the act) in the face of neo-liberalism's continued
> privileging of action.

If we could go from the singular act to the collective stand, it might
make a difference.

There is a gap nowadays between collective pragmatics and singular
potentials. The former look bad: every kind of resource seems, on
average, to be in declining availablity. But the latter can only look
good: with skill, good will, intelligence, luck and maybe even funding,
potentials can always be overshot, and it's another little miracle.

Hyperactivity seems to be the correlate of the ontological impossibility
of collectivity. This is not a stiuation for which I have the answer.
However I am moving right now, and as I talk with people in different
places, this is the question that returns.

quizically, Brian