No subject

Fri May 17 12:15:57 EST 2013

-empyre- is a global community of new media artists, curators,<br>
theorists, producers, and others who participate in monthly thematic<br>
discussions via an e-mail listserv.<br>
-empyre- facilitates online discussion encouraging critical<br>
perspectives on contemporary cross-disciplinary issues, practices and<br>
events in networked media<br>
Noting -empyre- soft-skinned space=92s passage through its tenth-year<br>
anniversary, (January 2012) we have been spending time cruising<br>
through the layered archive of posts during that time.<br>
k">http://lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au/pipermail/empyre/</a><br>
-empyre- has grown from a small organic collective begun by Melinda<br>
Rackam to a large international listserv, now with over 1600 members.<br>
One of Melinda&#39;s brilliant moves was to link the list serve to<br>
software that automatically archives each post for future access --<br>
this was quite a prescient feat a decade ago.<br>
As we have been thinking of interesting ways to mark the passage into<br>
the next decade, as -empyre- continues to morph and grow in the<br>
environment of Web 2.0 (now clearly with many, many more lurkers and<br>
passive participants than active interlocutors), we thought it might<br>
be nice to take a moment to archive the projects of our members.<br>
This is an open invitation to all of our subscribers. =A0We invite you<br>
to submit a post with:<br>
1) a brief bio, with contact information<br>
2) a two-paragraph description of your practice, current/recent<br>
projects, or writing or curatorial activities<br>
Thanks to all of you.<br>
Renate Ferro, Tim Murray, Simon Biggs, and Patrick Lichty<br>
Renate Ferro<br>
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art<br>
Cornell University<br>
Department of Art, Tjaden Hall Office #420<br>
Ithaca, NY =A014853<br>
Email: =A0 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rtf9 at cornell.edu">rtf9 at cornell.edu</a>&gt;=
=A0 =A0 =A0 <a href=3D"http://www.privatesecretspubliclies.net" target=3D"_=
blank">http://www.privatesecretspubliclies.net</a><br>
Lab: =A0<a href=3D"http://www.tinkerfactory.net" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.tinkerfactory.net</a><br>
Managing Co-moderator of -empyre- soft skinned space<br>
yre.library.cornell.edu/</a><br>
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyre</a><br>
empyre forum<br>
.au</a><br>