[-empyre-] Is the Internet like a Medium of Art?

gh hovagimyan ghh at thing.net
Tue Apr 8 23:35:12 EST 2014

Recently I did a "Post Browser" piece <http://nujust.net/~nublog>. It
harkens back to earlier net.art works such as netomat or Jodi.org.  I
look at the internet as both a medium or vehicle and material. The
material is the information that is on it. The medium is the networks
that transport the material. It also has the properties of a global
mythos that transcends and/or absorbs local associations. The
internet can be both a subject and and object.  Or rather you can
hold both a subjective and objective viewpoint at the same time. I
agree with Daniel's discussion of the qualities inherent in the
internet. I also like to physicalize my new media art bringing it
into a hybrid balance with the real world.