[-empyre-] Forward from Nelly Todorova (via Vivian Fritz): Idea of Place

Timothy Conway Murray tcm1 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 29 23:46:39 EST 2014

Hello! I am Nelly and will be with you on behalf of Vivian Fritz. I am a
dancer and have been working in her project "Seuil-Lab" since 2013 because
of my interest in real time composition at the beginning and later, in the
encounter of various times and spaces in a virtual place, what Vivian
represents as "Seuil", french word for threshold. I post below, in her
words, one of the interrogations we are working on today with Seuil-Lab.

"The idea of "place" which is found in a space outside of the rules
allowed by physics and geography confronts space and bodie to another
"possible reality" tha opens in distant communication. A "place" related
to other parameters that allow us to relate and co-exist in a hybrid world
between real/virtual, material/inmaterial. Dance is introduced in this new
system positioning itself and adapting its language to new possible forms
of choreography..."

Timothy Murray
Professor of Comparative Literature and English
Director, Society for the Humanities
http://www.arts.cornell.edu/sochum/
Curator, Rose Goldsen Archive of New Media
http://goldsen.library.cornell.edu
A D White House
Cornell University,
Ithaca, New York 14853