[-empyre-] -empyre- holiday wishes, conclusion of December discussion

Timothy Conway Murray tcm1 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 24 08:26:22 EST 2014

Hello, everyone,

We are winding down the month of December a little early so that Renate
and I can enjoy our family who will be visiting for the holiday week.

We have decided to take a bit of a rest, so we will not be hosting a
discussion during the month of January, but will be back online in
February with a discussion and moderators to be announced.  We anticipate
an exciting lineup for 2015.

Deep thanks go to our featured guests for this month of Social Media /
Social Justice: Patricia Zimmermann, Ricardo Dominguez, Rahul Mukherjee,
Richard Grusin, Claudia Pederson, Patrick Lichty,  Nicholas Knouf, Cherian
George, and
Omar Figueredo.  Thanks so much for rising to the occasion to reflect on
the
important events that have so dominated the news this past month,
from Hong Kong to Mexico to the US.

Please accept our thanks for making 2014 on -empyre- so successful with
thoughtful discussions and interventions throughout the year.

Just a reminder that if you'd like to catch up on your reading over the
holidays, you can always access the -empyre- archives at:
http://lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au/pipermail/empyre/

Very best wishes for the New Year,

Tim Murray and Renate Ferro

Cornell University,