[-empyre-] wearable technology

Susan E Ryan faryan at lsu.edu
Mon Feb 3 06:29:49 EST 2014

Right. It's been busy few days.

Johannes mentions the range of what wearable technology encompasses.

Of course, I am not talking about dancers and actors having a "digital look," but that that
operates at the level of what is offered to us (commercially, industrially) as cultural display,
what Biena has identified as the "uniform of digital devices."  The increasing array of
commercial wearable technology that offers itself for consideration as part of our
habits of dressing, and what it might mean if they succeed. I want to continue this in reply to Biena's post.