[-empyre-] Welcome Michael Dieter to February on -empyre soft-skinned space

Renate Ferro rtf9 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 3 12:25:40 EST 2014

It is with great pleasure that we welcome Michael Dieter back to the
moderator's platform for the month of February on -empyre soft-skinned
space.

Michael Dieter is a lecturer in media studies at University of Amsterdam
and an associate researcher with the Hybrid Publishing Lab at Leuphana
University, Lüneburg. His research deals with questions that emerge at the
intersection of aesthetic philosophy, artistic practices and politics, and
covers a range of specific topics like technological obsolescence, error
handling, e-waste streams and information overload. He holds a PhD in media
communications and cultural studies with University of Melbourne, and his
writing has appeared in differences, Fibreculture Journal, M/C and the
Australian Humanities Review. His current research investigates
contemporary experimental engagements with the book as media, including
aspects of sprints, post-digital publishing, 'bookishness' and alternative
distribution.

Tomorrow he will be introducing the topic for the month:
HYBRID BOOKWORK Experimental eBooks, Post-Digital Publishing

Michael has assembled an amazing group of guests and I invite all of our
subscribers to join in.

Renate Ferro

--

Renate Ferro
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art,

Managing Co-moderator of -empyre- soft skinned space
http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/