[-empyre-] setting fire to avatars, collapsing realities

Nathaniel Stern nathaniel.stern at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 04:41:23 EST 2014

As a little aside, this (below) comes from Jose Gil, about how dancers (especially in ballet) almost always initially learn to move, and are able know what their bodies look and feel like to others, via vision and muscle memory by looking into mirrors (so not actually using mirrors in performance). I could be wrong of course (it would not even be the first time today), but I believe mirrors are an essential component of all dance studios.
http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/dram.2006.50.4.21

nathaniel
http://nathanielstern.com