[-empyre-] Thursday, 19th: Sound Art, Technology and Innovation

Seth Kim-Cohen seth at kim-cohen.com
Fri Jun 20 10:04:16 EST 2014

Christoph, as usual, is dead right here, when defending aesthetic critical discourse. Anything worth doing can be done badly (and often is). Just because some folks blather iridescent nonsense when talking or writing about art, doesn't mean that the discourse they emptily parrot is itself worthless. To my mind, the discourse of the art world of the past 50 years has been the most fecund single field of critical production in the history of aesthetics and art. For this reason  - and here, Christoph and I disagree - I see that discourse as having important lessons to teach us, and important tools to lend us, for thinking about sound.

More soon on the more substantive points recently raised.

All my best
Seth

www.kim-cohen.com