[-empyre-] empyre Digest, Vol 132, Issue 3

Jonathan Schroeder jesgla at rit.edu
Thu Dec 17 06:48:32 AEDT 2015

I think that the study of selfies offer an interesting window into how something becomes an object for scholarly attention, as we can watch a body of work emerge, including conferences, journal articles and special issues, and groups, such as the Selfies Research Network on Facebook.  What is clear is that selfies have seized the imagination of scholars as well as users. What is less clear is how scholarship and thinking about selfies will develop and 'mature'.