[-empyre-] All call: subscribers interested in Boredom: Labor, Use and Time

Murat Nemet-Nejat muratnn at gmail.com
Tue May 26 02:30:42 AEST 2015

Jason, that's exactly what I am talking about, partly the integration of
the consciousness of the passage of time into what one is doing--which also
I think may result in the consciousness of the tools one is using.

Doesn't the consciousness (that is the prerequisite) of the passage of time
create a positive kind of boredom. Film I think is the ideal form for this
experience (perhaps also music though the repetitions in Glass's
minimalism, for instance, are dynamic, therefore not boring in this sense).

Deleuze talks about time-image in film. That's what I think partly he is
talking about.

Ciao,
Murat