[-empyre-] Transborder Immigrant Tool - global poetic system and its uses

Ricardo Dominguez rrdominguez at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 18 01:42:19 AEDT 2016

Hola Tod at s,

The Transborder Immigrant Tool code is an open-sourced gesture and the
code was released in 2010 during the U.S.Congressional investigation of
TBT as a "traitorous" gesture against the nation, and code was also made
available on Brett Stalbaum’s site
(http://www.walkingtools.net/?page_id=12), that allows anyone anywhere
who wants to assemble TBT codes to meet the conditions of an giving
situation. We imagine the code to switch the question of the border to
its possible use in other borders around the world and the possibilities
of other global poetic systems to emerge. We also imagine that the
safety tool aspect of the code is a queering of poetry, that the
effective code is poetry as well. TBT is not a locative media project
but a dislocative media performance.

You can also find the code-a-poetry and poetry-as-code in the recent
publication here:

http://pactac.net/ctheory-books/blueshift-series/the-transborder-immigrant-toolla-herramienta-transfronteriza-para-inmigrantes/

So anyone of you or your collectives or communities could develop your
version based the situations and lands you want to
navigate or have other navigate.

Very best,
Ricardo