[-empyre-] invisible/visible

Renate Terese Ferro rferro at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 22 14:31:53 AEDT 2017

Catherine wrote:
…The dynamic wild landscape teaches me about what even means companionship- such as Lambsquarter leaves suddenly got all patterned because it took on the virus from his neighbor
plant so that plant could grow …

Thanks Catherine for the thoughtful disclosure about your Brooklyn Heights intervention co-existing with Hollywood and the plants in the car garage.  Beautiful story about how you were able to learn from the plants and the soil.  I have been traveling in Asia this past year and in fact have been in Dalian which is quite north.  The visible particulates in the air can be seen most days diffusing the light from the sun.  The particulates in the air are formed when solid particles from dust or dirt, coal soot or smoke bond with the tiny liquid drops found in the air. These can actually be seen by the naked eye.  The Chinese celebrate when it rains because the rain cleanses the air and clears it for the sun.

I’ve taken a series of photos from the air and have included a few here.
Looking forward to hearing more about therelationship of your somatic awareness and movement based practices.
Renate

Renate Ferro
Visiting Associate Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies